Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Website changes

I've been out of woodworking for awhile.  Finally back in the shop.

For a long time my blog was my primary website - great for woodworkers but probably intimidating for all those other folks.  My domain name "www.sittingduckfinefurniture.com" now points to my main website (which can be reached with the "Website" link above) rather than to this blog.  Folks that have bookmarked my blog will now go to my website instead.  Oh well, the trials and tribulations of progress.

The Byrd cutterhead is working very good.  The planer mode of my AD731 Jointer/Planer combo is dialed in and working great - no snipe unless the wood is very soft.  However, I'm having difficulty eliminating snipe with the jointer.  This has to do with the machine and not the cutterhead.  The jointer outfeed table is too low - but attempting to dial in to my desired height is difficult with the machine's outfeed table adjustment.  The outfeed table wants to be slightly too high or too low.  No problem.  I'll get it resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment